Spotlight English Clubs (SEC) help you reach out to your non-English speaking community by providing user-friendly resources for a non-threatening English learning environment. Spotlight is for English learners that have studied English but still need to practice speaking. The Spotlight programs and resources are available to club coordinators and volunteers. These materials do not require any special training or experience.
These clubs provide a place for English learners to:
- practice listening to quality English content
- practice conversation skills
- build relationships with English speakers
There are two kinds of clubs.
- Local Spotlight English Clubs are traditional face-to-face conversation clubs with people in your local community.
- Internet Spotlight English Clubs are Internet clubs where English learners from countries around the world and an English speaking volunteer communicate with each other over the Internet using programs like Skype.
If you are ready to be a volunteer leader of a Spotlight English Club, choose one of the options below to begin your registration: